Marriage counseling involves a married couple and a therapist joining together to process issues related to marital satisfaction and relational wounds.
Common issues addressed in marriage counseling are:
- Excessive disagreement and disconnection
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Parenting styles
- Infidelity and affairs
- Trust issues and emotional intimacy
- Loss of joy
- A history of spousal abuse
- Sexual dysfunction and infertility
- Addiction and compulsive behaviors
TriLife Counseling Services offers premarital counseling and assessment using a research-driven instrument called PREPARE-ENRICH. The couple completes the assessment before the second session.
Issues addressed in premarital counseling include:
- Couple compatibility
- Marital expectations
- Intimacy and communication
- Conflict resolution styles
- Financial management
Premarital counseling involves a minimum of 3 sessions at a rate of $320 due at the first session and a follow-up session at a rate of $85. The PREPARE/ENRICH assessment tool used in therapy is included. Premarital counseling typically consists of four to six 45-minute sessions.
Insurance reimbursement is not available for these services due to the already reduced rate.